Thursday, May 16, 2013

So Cosmic for a Mineral Cosmetic! : Naked Minerals + Special Announcement!


Hey everyone! Apologies for this pending post. I've been planning to blog about this but the past few days were so busy plus it was election day here in PH..so yeah. Anyway, I'm back! :) And I couldn't be more excited to share with you guys my first (of the many) posts for my new blog series: "So Cosmic for a Mineral Cosmetic!" If you have been following my blog, you'll know that in my previous posts, I have been talking about having a new blog series in which I will share with you guys the brands/products of Mineral Cosmetics that I think is worth checking out. You might ask, "why mineral cosmetics?why?"..Well, I love and appreciate brands that try to be as eco-friendly as they can and mineral cosmetics claim to be using natural ingredients. Not all maybe but at least it's better than other cosmetics, right? Now of course, before I start featuring products, Imma share with you all some info on "mineral cosmetics" which I already did. You can check it out here - Beauty Research: What is Mineral Makeup?

Alrighty! Enough with the chitchats, let's get into the first Mineral cosmetic feature, shall we?



About Naked Minerals:


Vision


Naked Minerals wants to bridge the gap between beauty and wellness. We intend to not only to make the skin look beautiful, but assure the products you are putting on your skin can promote a healthier skin. Dedicated to this purpose, we make one simple promise.. we provide a pure mineral makeup that has no harmful ingredients added. This is a result of years of research, and is backed by a certificate of purity. The dedication of the Naked Minerals team has led to the development of a mineral makeup that is not only beautiful, and healthy, but considers the lifestyle of today's consumer adding the element of ease and convenience. Our promise to you is the "Naked Truth".

Meet the Makers:



Kari Romney Owner/Co-Creator- Formulator
Marlene Hoffman Owner/Co-Creator- Formulator

For more info about Naked Minerals, visit here: Naked Minerals




I've been in touch with Naked Minerals' friendly rep, Brandall for a month now. He's very nice and approachable. And with that, Naked Minerals was kind enough to send out some of their products for this feature. Before I wrote this post, I of course road test the products for a whole month to give you guys my indepth and honest reviews on these. ;) I've been using the Naked Minerals cosmetics that I got and oh boy, I'm lovin' it! On to the review!

The Kit has everything you need for Beautiful brows.

Magnifying Mirror great for seeing even the smallest stray hairs.10x mirror with suction cups.

3 Brow Stencils for creating the perfect shape

Double-ended Pencil in (blond/brown-black) for all skin tones

Precision Sharpener makes a perfect point every time


First up, the Naked Minerals Brow Kit. This is actually my first time to own one and I'm glad I have it now. :) To be honest, I suck at shaping my brows. I don't have a talent on that. We all know shaping our brows perfectly makes a huge difference on our whole makeup look which is a sad thing for me. Luckily, I now have this kit to save me from that dilemma. It's very easy for me now to do my brows. The mirror is 10x magnified which makes me very easy to identify if my brows are perfectly shape. And the 3 different designs of the stencils is ideal for any mood I'm feeling for  my makeup of the day. ;)

And of course, the Brow kit wouldn't be complete without the Brow Duo Pencil!


Beautiful Brow Pencil


This pencil is a must for Beautiful Brows

Double-ended brow pencil in blond/brown-black for all skin tones

I have a dark brown hair which means I have to fill in my brows with as same color. So what I did is I kinda mix in the two colors. I fill in my brows with black first then a bit of the blonde color and it worked on me! :) I'm glad this one is dual ended. It's so convenient especially when I travel. And it's pigmented too! 



I like that this brow pencil is just perfect in filling in brows. Not too strong color but not faded also. With this, I get that natural color that I needed for my brows. Lastly, I'm a sweaty person so it's perfect to road test this brow on how long will it stay. I try to avoid wiping in the brow area but then my sweat could still wash it away, to my surprise, my brow is intact and okay as it is at the end of the day. oh yeah, I'll stick with this one for my brows for sure! ;) 



Almond Pressed Mineral Foundation Duo


Certified 100% Pure Inorganic Minerals that are Pressed for No Mess in a convenient, go anywhere compact.

Get the look of perfectly naked skin. Even if it's not! Naked Minerals blends what you love about premium mineral makeup (like the purity and smooth look) and nothing you don't (messy loose minerals anyone?) Plus, it adds the ease, simplicity and convenience of conventional cosmetics.


This is a 3.4g travel sized foundation compact. It's very easy to carry and you could easily see through the content inside with it's transparent packaging. Nothing really fancy with the packaging but I like it that way. At the end of the day, it's the content that matters. It has no weird smell only a powdery scent. The foundation doesn't come with a sponge or anything but it's easy to apply using a kabuki brush. It's blends well on my face and it doesn't cake on me. Although if you need a full coverage on your face, you would likely need a liquid foundation or bb cream but this one is just enough to set your liquid foundation and make it last for whole day. It disappears nicely on face but still hides your blemishes. What's good thing about this "duo" foundation is that you could use the darker shade to contour your face. ;) Now for its staying power, as I've said I sweat a lot especially that it's summer here in Philippines so the foundation couldn't really hold that much on my face for a long time but I must say 5 -6 hours is a decent time that the foundation stayed. :) I don't really mind retouching. ;)

Here's a swatch:




Look at the pretty pretty color. The foundation has a little shimmer which is only visible when you look very very closely. This gives you a glowing look. A sun-kissed look even! ;)





Deep Caramel Pressed Mineral Foundation Duo 


Certified 100% Pure Inorganic Minerals that are Pressed for No Mess in a convenient, go anywhere compact.


Get the look of perfectly naked skin. Even if it's not! Naked Minerals blends what you love about premium mineral makeup (like the purity and smooth look) and nothing you don't (messy loose minerals anyone?) Plus, it adds the ease, simplicity and convenience of conventional cosmetics.


This one is very pigmented. One swipe and you'll see how gorgeous this shade is. But wait! Before I get into details, let me show you how gorgeous the shades are. ;)


Here's a swatch:



This is with the same packaging with the shade Vanilla and has powdery scent too. Easy to blend and stays on my face for a decent period of time. Since I have a fair skin, I can't actually use this as a foundation instead I use it as a blusher or on some days, I use it in contouring my face. You know what they say. Doesn't mean that it's labeled, you restrict it. ;) Also, I just love how pigmented it is. A small amount is enough for me to have a natural gorgeous colored cheeks. If you know what I mean. ;) This also doesn't cake on me and easily buildable when I needed more colors to my face. :)

Here's a swatch for all the products I got:



Rating:


For a mineral cosmetic brand, I'd give them a: 4.90/5


Final thoughts:


I'm lovin' this brand and not just because they're part of my blog series but because they have good products. That means, good brands with good products deserve good ratings & reviews. :) And they use natural ingredients! That's a huge plus for me! :) Naked Minerals has many other products that you can enjoy. If you want to check them out, visit their official website here: Naked Minerals

Here are their other products that I recommend:


Naked Minerals Premium Handmade Kabuki Brush



Naked Minerals Luminous Mineral Highlighter



Naked Minerals Lipstick Smitten (Neutral Red)


Naked Minerals Professional Grade Makeup Brush Set (9-piece set)




Naked Minerals Blush Line



Now on to the "special announcement". Naked Minerals and I collaborated to give my beautiful readers a grand giveaway! yey! 4 winners..yes 4! Will receive Naked Minerals goodies direct from their US warehouse. I will post this giveaway tonight at 12! So expect it to be live at midnight guys. And you know what the best part is ? This is available also to my international readers!! wohooo! Are you as excited as I am? You should be! ;) Watch out for it later guys. And thanks for reading this. Enjoy being beautiful! :)

Check out Naked Minerals in Facebook & Twitter. (links inserted)




Filipina Blogger/Beauty EnthusiastMakeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask HoarderProud Pinay!www.pinayontheloose.com

2 comments:

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj