Monday, September 2, 2013

Used Abused & Reviewed: Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer


Hey PL pretties! :) Here's another skincare review for this week! ^_^


Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer

50ml/Php1495
*Actual size in the box: 15ml/Php448.50

Your skin, reborn!

"Powered by Osmoter for natural moisture leaving the skin feeling fresh,supple and soft, gaining back its natural glow. A perfecty-balanced concentrate Dead Sea minerals effectively replenishes, rehydrates and recharges the skin. It's a sensaton that says 'my skin reborn'."-from BDJ curation card



I got this baby from my BDJ Elite Box (click HERE to read my unboxing post) and I must say, this is by far the most expensive moisturizer I've tried. Mind you, I got it for free. How great is that? :) Best things in life are indeed free!! 

I got the 15ml squeezie tube. It's a bit small and it only lasted for a few applications. Don't be deceived with the pictures guys. It's not a full size. With this mini tube, you can only see/feel short term effect and not the long-term results. Do I make sense?


The tube comes in a dirty white plastic tube. It doesn't have a nozzle but the opening of the tube is small so you know you'd be able to control the amount that you want to squeeze out. This sample tube is also great for travelling.


If you have a sensitive skin, always check for ingredients. (found at the back)



Other basic info can be found at the back. This sample doesn't come with a box or a card. (I only got the info from the separate curation card of BDJ)

Now for the moisturizer itself!


The consistency/texture is lotion-like and color is white. (wow that rhymes!) With that, you would assume that it would feel heavy but  it's not heavy at all once applied and it also feels so velvety. I have three "minor" concerns though; 1) this moisturizer doesn't absorb to my skin immediately. You have to wait like a few minutes for it to settle deep in your skin (2-3mins.)..and 2) I feel like the scent is too strong for something that you would apply on your face.But disappears for awhile though.Not a big deal!..lastly 3) I don't know if it's just me but the first-3 times that I used it, it kinda stinks my face.Then that feeling goes away after that "3-time application".I guess my face just got used to it. But I don't know for sure if others have the same feeling/reaction. Let me know by commenting below! :D


But once this is being absorbed by your skin, the hydration power is superb! Your skin would feel soft and healthy. Plus your skin stays hydrated for about 14 hours or so. Amazing right? It doesn't feel greasy also and it didn't break me out. The only thing that bothers me is the price.tehee..


My VERDICT:


Pros


Gives skin benefits brought by natural ingredients
Hydration power is amazeballs!
Keeps your skin moisturized for long hours
This 15ml sample is convenient for travelling
Not greasy
Doesn't feel heavy at all

Cons


Not really a fan of the lotion-like texture (but it's not a big deal!)
Doesn't absorb quickly
Scent is too strong (for something that you apply on your face)
Pricey

How much?


15ml/Php448.50 (this sample size is not for sale)
50ml/Php1495

Do I recommend it?


I'd recommend this to those who are willing to invest on a good moisturizer but to those who have a budget in mind, I don't think this is for you.

Repurchase?


I don't think so.Too pricey. :(

Where to buy?


Check out Ahava on Facebook for any inquiries.(links below)

Final thoughts:


This is a good moisturizer. It does feel like a high-end one which would be a good product to invest with but at this time, I don't feel like buying skincare products this expensive because I can actually get the same effect from cheaper formulas. But if the price doesn't bother you at all then I say go for it! :)

I'd give it a:



Linkies:




Have you tried this moisturizer? Let me hear your thoughts by commenting below! :)





Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj