Friday, July 17, 2015

PL Reviews: Mary Kay TimeWise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation



I'm a BB or CC cream type of girl when it comes to my everyday wear because it serves as my skin vitamin plus its gives a natural coverage. You don't see me wearing foundation unless I really have to look my best foot forward on a certain day. I love wearing makeup but not in a way that my skin suffers because foundation tends to give you breakout or dull skin when not applied correctly plus it has more chemicals than vitamins for 'better coverage' which is its main purpose anyway (if that makes sense). So whenever I come upon a certain foundation that has lightweight consistency and gives you radiant and  healthier look (much like the BB and CC creams), then it's definitely worth mentioning here! This is my take on Mary Kay TimeWise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation. Read more after the jump!



Product: Mary Kay TimeWise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation - 29ml
*Available in Mary Kay dealers/consultants near you
*$22 in Mary Kay US (online),click HERE.
*Cheaper in Amazon, shop HERE.

*Description: Infused with vitamin E and a blend of peptides, the result is skin that instantly looks firmer, younger and healthier. It’s the perfect age-fighting foundation for normal to dry skin, visibly reducing the appearance of pores, fine lines, wrinkles and skin imperfections for skin that looks luminous, radiant and immediately brightened as skin texture appears visibly improved.

A foundation that gives you Luminous & Radiant Glow? Uh YES please!


PACKAGING:

It comes with Pink shimmered tube which gives an obvious point to its name "luminous". It's easily squeezable that gives you control on the amount that comes out of it. And because it's tube, a slim type of container, you can carry it whenever you travel and it has enough product to cover days or few weeks of usage. But you just have to be careful in placing it in your luggage because too much pressure can cause the tube to burst. 


At the back of the tube, you can see product information written in English and..German?(I think). The shade that I got is Beige 2 which is a light shade that has yellow undertone perf for my skin color. This one says it's suitable for Normal to Dry skin and it worked well on me. I have always assumed that I have combination skin (oily t-zone+some parts dry) but this one left me rethinking things. LOL. More on my verdict below.


On the side of the box, you can see full list of ingredients. To those who have sensitive skin or have allergy on a particular chemical, always check ingredients. It's better to be safe than sorry.

MY VERDICT, SWATCHES & MORE PHOTOS!


I got BEIGE 2, a light shade with yellow undertone. See closer look below.


*This foundation comes with a whopping 23 skin perfecting shades! You don't see that more often in drugstore foundations (or even the expensive ones).


SWATCHED AND BLENDED!


When I first swatched it, I thought that the shade is a bit darker but when blended, it looks perf for my skin! I love its lightweight consistency which makes it easy to blend. It has light to medium coverage and it's buildable. Two pea-sized amount is enough for my face but I discovered that if you build more on certain areas of your face like your cheeks or the bridge of your nose, it could serve as a highlighter due to its natural shimmers thus the "luminous effect". 

See how radiant and healthier my skin looks!


On some days, I like the dewy look and this is definitely what comes to mind if I'm in a mood for it. This foundation is moisturizing because of the Jojoba extract thus you actually don't need a moisturizer (which is what I usually do when wearing a foundation to avoid breakout and to keep my makeup intact for the long hours). It's fragrance and oil free, non-comedogenic and suitable for sensitive skin. Because of the radiant glow. it gives me refreshing and confident feeling even in humid weather which by the way, still looks great even when you're sweating out!(at least on me). With this, even when building up for more coverage, my skin can still breathe. If you have oily to combination skin, you might want to settle it with a finishing powder or apply primer first unless you want a frying pan following you. (Get it?get it?). Or save yourself a trouble and try the Matter-Wear type.

One of the downside maybe is the price because it retails for about $22 but if you're lucky, you can get it at a discounted price like in Amazon which goes down to $15 or so. See above this post for the links. Oh yes another one would be the availability because you don't see this in beauty counters. You have to find a Mary Kay dealer or order online. And the last one is the anti-aging claim. The TIMEWISE line particularly caters to women with anti-aging needs but with this foundation, I really didn't feel the effect maybe because I don't have that much wrinkles? and to be honest, it's not a big deal for me. 

The "LUMINOUS" finish is what I absolutely love about this! How about you, have you tried this? Do share your thoughts below!

RATING:


'Till the next review pretties! Take care! *wink*

FOLLOW ME
       
Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj