Thursday, August 6, 2015

Quick Review: Premium Colloidal Oatmeal Soap



Premium "Colloidal" Oatmeal Soap
150g | 250PhP

Hey pretties! Two weeks ago, I received 3 bars of Clara International Premium Oatmeal soap from The Bag Investigator by Bagista Filipina and here's my take about this product.

But first, here's a bit of info about Colloidal Oatmeal:

"Colloidal oatmeal, also known by its Genus Species name, Avena sativa L., helps smooth and comfort  itchy, scratchy, and dry skin. Colloidal oatmeal is not a breakfast oatmeal and shouldn't be eaten. To get the benefits from the oats, you add this all-natural product to your bath where its soothing effects take over when you relax in the tub."


Packaging: 

The soap is wrapped all-over in clear plastic and on top of that (middle part) is what looks like a shiny "gift wrapping" paper in red with the soap name imprinted on the paper 'on top of the red paper' thingy. I think we could all say that the product packaging is not appealing at all. This is a big deal if they want to expand their market, they should at least put an effort to the packaging. A simple box will do instead of just 'this kind' of packaging. They're a known skin center afterall and the price is not cheap. But I'm sure they'll improve over time and will hopefully listen to 'our' suggestion. ^_^


Quality & Performance:

I always check or read labels so I actually hesitated to use this soap because there were none indicated on the packaging. But The Bag Investigator used this soap and there were no allergic reaction or whatsoever so I say what the heck? Let's try it! This is actually my first time to use a soap with an oatmeal essence and I know that oatmeals have great benefits in skin or in our overall health (and of course it's yummy!*only applies to edible oatmeal) so I got excited trying this.

After reading information/researching about the Colloidal Oatmeal (since the soap packaging does not have helpful description), I could say that it's one of those ingredients that you would love to have in your soap or in your lotion because it moisturizes your skin especially during winter (US+Europe seasons) or in Philippines, during hot days which is almost the WHOLE damn year!(seriously). And I like that this essence soothes itchy skin and I KNOW that I needed this. 

Long story short, I love this soap! It's true to its claim (if ever there was one;again,needs packaging improvement). My skin tends to get dry especially during these days and I sometimes skip lotion because I don't like the sticky feeling thanks to the humid weather that makes me lazy. lol. But with this soap, lotion is not "highly required". :D This soap alone moisturizes my skin and I love the oatmeal vanilla scent! Soothing and sweet, just the way I want it. Lathers very good and does not melt easily. My mom even likes it who has bad case of acne btw. This soap is good for any type of skin but I highly recommend if you have dry skin or an acne prone skin because oatmeal essences are actually great in taking care of your nasty zits problem. ^_^


So you see? The saying "Don't judge the book by its cover" applies to this soap after all. We learned a thing or two today, huh ladies? (Still, I think they should put an effort to the packaging. Just saying.)

Have you tried this soap? Or any oatmeal soap for that matter? Do share your thoughts below!

FOLLOW ME
       
Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj