Sunday, May 12, 2013

Quick Review on Lip Balms from April Glamourbox


HAPPY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE! :) I hope you're having a blast celebrating this day with our greatest hero, our MOM. :) 

Anyway, I want to do a quick review on the two lip balms that I got from my April Glamourbox before I go enjoy this day with mi familia. ;D Onto the review! ;)




PIXI Tinted Brilliance Balm Magic Tink Tint - Happy Thoughts Pink
Full size: .10oz/PhP735
Sample size: .10oz


About the product:


"Think happy thoughts as this subtly blooming, super-nourishing gel grayon tints your lips in true Tinker Bell style. With shea butter & lip-plumping hyaluronic acid, it will keep your lips in optimum condition."


The packaging:


I really love the cute 'crayon'-like packaging. The body of the balm is sturdy even when I dropped it twice, everything is still intact. The chubby-like (lol) round design of the packaging makes it also very easy to hold.The cover/cap of the lip balm is a transparent plastic which covers the content and keeps it safe from dust or any other dirt that may stick to the content. It also makes you easily see what color you'll be having..but anyway, I'm not even sure if this one comes with many other shades.hehe


Moisturizing effect: When I tested this tinted lip balm, I put on enough amount on my lips and waited for it to do it's job. After applying the balm, you can easily feels its moisturizing effect which made me really happy (and it kinda gives you a minty feel too!but fades away for few seconds.aw!). But the moisturizing effect takes only a few hours (3-4 hours I guess?), after that, my lips felt dry again. Personally for me, I don't mind retouching if it's just a simple day when you feel like having the natural look but if you want that extra moisturizing for the whole day, this is not for you. 


*If you have a little girl, you can give this to her. ;) It has natural ingredients so I'm sure this will be safe.


SWATCH:





Color: This one gives you a pretty pink glow which shows a few seconds after applying. If you want more color, try adding a little more. 




My VERDICT:


Pros:


Moisturizes the lips well
Gives you a pretty pink glow
Has a minty feel
Easy to apply with a crayon-like packaging
Natural ingredients


Cons:


Moisturizing effect fades for few hours


I'd give it a:


Packaging: 5/5
Moisturizing effect: 4/5
Color: 5/5
Product: 4.80/5


And sooo overall: I love this product! :) Makes me feel like I'm a little girl again.lol..


(UPDATED):They actually have a website, you can check it out here - www.pixibeauty.com 





MOX Botanicals Lip Butter in Coconut Almondine
Full size: 0.2oz/PhP740
Sample size: 0.1oz


About the product:


"Made with 100% natural ingredients, Mox Botanicals lip butters incorporates the benefits of shea and avocado butter with Jojoba and Meadowfoam Seed Oil to create a truly luxurious lip experience."


About the packing:


The packaging of this lip balm is just a simple black mini container/jar. Nothing fancy. Has no other texts/infos at the bottom only the ones showing up on the cap. I don't see any expiration date so that's a bit off for me as I like to know if the product that I'm going to use is still in good condition. I have no other information about this balm except the info that I got from Glamourbox's curation card. I just wish they could have given more info printed on the packaging or at least this one has a box where all the infos needed is being printed. Or I don't know, this one's just a sample so they may have removed the original packaging. :D




Moisturizing effect & the scent: When I opened this one, the first thing that I noticed is the scent. ooohhh..my..goooosh.. I hate it! It smells so bad! It's like a coconut milk that's going to spoil. Others may like the scent of a milky almond combined to milky coconut but I don't!I just don't! And also, the content is sweating inside the container. Does it mean it can't retain its moisture? Should I be worried about this product? BUT!..despite all the things I noticed, I still tested the balm because I want and I must know how this will work on my lips. And oh boy, the smell was worst when it was very close to my nose! Seriously! I almost gag! After a few seconds (15 seconds), I wiped it off of my lips..... :| I'm so sorry guys. Although, I must say, it gave my lips a bit of moisture but then I just had to clean my lips because I want the smell to go away. :| Now I regret when I commented to Yette's unboxing post that I wanted this one.urgh! (my mom doesn't even want this!so I think I should throw this away.tsk2)


 My VERDICT:


I hate it! Period.


I'd give it a:


Product: 1/5


And so overall: This was a bad 'lip balm experience' for me.


So there it is everyone! My short & quick lip balm review. :) Do enjoy this day with your mom. Thanks for reading!Love you all! :)


If you want to subscribe to Glamourbox, check out their official website: www.Glamourbox.ph




Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!



3 comments:

  1. I find it really sad whenever products are thrown away. But next to causing allergies, smelling really bad is like 2nd worst sin that a product can commit.
    Btw, I have a Firmoo glasses give-away on my blog here. You might want to join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you sis :| I actually feel bad everytime I give nega thoughts on some products..but that's just the way it is. *sigh*

    thanks for visiting my blog sis! will surely do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww :( too bad you didn't like the balm. :| But the first one is okay and the color is very pretty though :)


    Jamie Kate
    http://allaroundchekwa.blogspot.com
    All Around Chekwa x Oasap May Giveaway. Join here!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj