Saturday, June 22, 2013

My First Liebster Blog Award!! - Get to know me MORE! ;)





Hey hey hey beautiful people! Hows you? :D Sorry for being MIA (missing in action) for the past few days. Busy as always. But I'm back with another blog post. I decided to post this first before anything else (product reviews,random thoughts,updates etc.) because I think it's kind of interesting. hehe..Plus, 3 people have already nominated me so I think it's about time I have to nominate them back!! Without further ado, let's get on with this Liebster Blog Award. Shall we? ;)




This blog award has 4 parts.


Part ONE: The Golden RULES!


1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 11 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers (more than 200 - less than 400 is okay I guess.hehe).
4. You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominee.


Part TWO: The Chosen Ones!! :D (My Nominees)


1. Rhania of Rhaindropz
4. Shayne of Queen of all You See
5. Candy of Candy Coated Paw
6. Sarah of More Than Adored
8. Jenny of Shopping Queen Jen
9. Amy of Bottled Beauty
10. Danielle of Kalamity Jane Kosmetics


*The first 3 mentioned are the bloggers who nominated me.Thank you guys!

Parts THREE & FOUR: Question & Answer Portion (or for this matter, I have to answer their questions first before I can throw back my questions!tehee..)


I'll be answering Rhania's, Rattus' and Maica's questions below.


From Rhania:


01. Favorite book to read? Nothing in particular. I read books randomly. But I like the love stories type of book. As well as suspense and horror.
02. Do you watch Koreanovelas? If so, what's your favorite? The first ever Koreanovela that I watched and I would never ever forget is the "Endless Love". The love story of Jenny and Johny really made me cry even until this day. I actually got hooked to Koreanovelas since then.
03. Skincare routine? Clean-Tone-Moisturize. I keep my skincare routine simple. Although, every now and then, I layer them with products for my skin concerns. But that's just "every now and then". I don't layer products on a daily basis.
04. Food you can’t live without? Egg.
05. Double Dutch or Rocky Road? Double Dutch.
06. Birth month? January.
07. Bad habits you want to change? I bite my nails when I'm nervous.Not cool.
08. Coffee or Tea? Tea. 
09. Favorite Hollywood star? Angelina Jolie. Oh wait! Can I choose two?LOL.I love Drew Barrymore also. :D
10. What do you prefer straight hair or curly? Straight.
11. Are you contented with what you have now? Yes.


From Rattus:


01. What inspired you to start blogging? It all started when I was watching Youtube makeup tutorials then it lead me to many makeup/beauty blogs then to fashion blogs then to foodie and travel blogs. And then..I realized, what if I start my own blog? Just for fun you know. Time flies so fast and it'd be nice to read back all you have written. I've always loved writing (even though I know I have many flaws with my piece) but I just see it as a hobby and a stress buster. I enjoy what I do and I think I'll keep doing this blogging thing. Before I even started, I already have so many ideas and random thoughts that I want put here but because of time constraints, I just can't do it. You may think this is a beauty blog, but really, this is an online journal of a simple everyday individual. Later on, I will share more random thoughts, foodie entries and maybe, experiences on travel. Of course, beauty related things will have more place in this blog because I'm a girl. If you know what I mean.tehee..(and guys, please pardon the overall 'feel' of my blog posts. I'm telling you, writing is def not a piece of cake).
02. What camera do you use and any tips for crisp clear shots? I'm using Sony Cybershot. The key to taking great mugshots is really the lighting, next is the angle. Good lighting will always compliment your camera. Natural lighting is the best but when you do indoor photo shoot, make sure that you have a good lighting. Since you only need a little studio for your products, you can use a quality bright lamp. Then, make sure that you know where to shoot the best angle of the products. It is must that your camera have a "close focus" feature especially when you take pictures of the ingredients and infos on the product. But when you're a fashion ,foodie or a travel blogger, I suggest you invest on DSLR camera.
03. What is your advice to new bloggers? I'm a newbie as well so I can't give an expert advice. What I can say though is that, make sure that you enjoy what you do (blogging) and don't make enemies in blogosphere instead, gain new friends. :)
04. What makeup products are you willing to splurge on? Lipstick or Eyeshadow palettes.
05. What makeup products would you rather not spend so much on? Lipgloss.
06. Alot of us can live without specific beauty products, what product do you suggest that we do NOT skip at all and why? Powder. It's always essential especially to those who have oily skin or combination skin (like me). It rids away the shine hence taking away the uncomfortable feeling that you get in the middle of the day. I hope this makes sense. ;)
07. Let's say I'm a newbie to makeup and virtually know nothing about it. What are your shopping tips when buying makeup if I'm only willing to spend 500 pesos? Specific items, brands, products, why? Always do your research if you're a newbie. You can start with drugstore products/brands because they are cheaper and there's not much difference with the quality compared to high end products. In Philippines, I suggest you try Nichido,Sansan cosmetics,Ever Bilena,Careline and 4U2. For brands that are known worldwide, you can try L'oreal,Maybelline and ELF.
08. What is your skin type and the problems you had to deal with in association with it? I have a combination type of skin (normal/dry to oily). My T-zone tends to get oily (but not so much) and other parts of my face is dry. My skincare hydration routine is doing okay on my skin. The cosmetics that I have tried doesn't break me out so far. My 'usual' skin dilemma is the whiteheads and blackheads on my nose which is being taken care of using natural remedies (I blogged about it HERE) and sometimes I use nose strips. My HG is the one on Bench.
09. Are there any changes in your beauty preferences since you began your journey? Yes there are. Well actually, I'm more into beauty products and cosmetics now compared before. As much as I can, I keep myself updated with what's hot and what's not thru reading other beauty blogs. :) 
10. BONUS: Tell us anything you want. I love blogging! ;D


From Maica:


01.Why did you start a blog? How did you come up with your blog name? I answered this in the question above. As for my blog name, it's another story (a funny one actually). The first name that I come up with is "Randomness of an Average Pinay", you can tell why I changed this. It's too long right? One day, I watched Animal Planet and the program was all about "dangerous animals" incidents. The sheriff was like "There's a deer on the loose.A deer on the loose"..That deer is not dangerous though but she's moving around and the town folks was like panicking. It's not something to laugh about but I did laugh with their faces.hehe. Anyway, the statement "deer on the loose" didn't left my mind and so you guessed it, I decided to use it as my blog's name but instead of deer, I changed it into Pinay (for obvious reasons.lol). To those who doesn't know what "Pinay" means, you can read about that HERE.
02.Have you found your HG (holy grail) foundation? What is it? I haven't found it yet.I'm still on a hunt for that but I will def tell you when I do.
03.Do you prefer to use brushes or sponges? Brushes.
04.What is your most expensive and least expensive makeup product? Most expensive would be the Urban Decay and least would be the Nichido Eye Brightening Liner.
05.Would you rather be stuck in an island forever with the most important person in your life or live in a palace like a princess with the person you hate the most? Definitely the first one!
06.Where do you see yourself 2 to 3 years from now? I'm hoping I would be able to hold my diploma at that time. :') In God's time. *fingers crossed*
07.Cite 3 makeup products that you cannot live without. Lipstick,Powder and Eyeliner.
08.What is your unique talent? I don't know. I'm not sure. LOL
09.If you will be given Php10,000 to spend on makeup or beauty products, what would you buy? I would buy high-end foundations,concealers and lipsticks.
10.What do you think is the best thing about blogging? I met more new friends. Blogger friends. :)


Alrighty! Here are my questions:


01. What's your HG foundation and lipstick?
02. What is the most expensive and least expensive makeup product that you own?
03. What specific product you can't live without?
04. What specific product that you most regret buying?
05. What brand that you think is over-advertising?and that it doesn't really live up to its claims?
06. What is your favorite skincare/makeup product?
07. What is the food (or foods) you can't live without?
08. If given a chance, would you want to go to outer space (to the moon) and travel with astronauts? If yes, what is the first thing that you would do when you land in the moon? If no, why?
09. Where do you see yourself 4-5 years from now?
10. Describe yourself in one (1) word.
11. Describe your blog in one (1) sentence.



Thanks for reading everyone! :) Thank you also to my blogger sisters for nominating me and for asking such interesting questions. :D I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. And to my nominees, I hope you will enjoy answering my questions just as much as I had fun constructing them. tehee..



Please visit other blogs too guys. They are all amazing! :) Take care! ;)










Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting dear! Will update my blog as soon as I can to answer your questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good answers cj, esp on rattu's first few questions (1,2,3). I like reading how bloggers started blogging :D thanks also for nominating me ❤ ill be posting my liebster entry soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sis! :) can't wait on your entry! ;) hehe..

      Delete
  3. Thank you for nominating me, I loved reading your answers and getting to know you better

    big hugs

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jac! ;) i love your blog!and it's def worth nominating!take care! :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats! I've been also nominated several times :)
    Join my firmoo giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for answering my questions i enjoyed this award =)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj