Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Lucid Intervals Makeup Entry




I should call this My Desperate Attempt on Makeup!LOL

Hey guys! :D As I have mentioned on my previous post, I'm going to join a makeup contest hosted by Ms. Donna of My Lucid Intervals in celebration of her blogversary. :)


Now, just to give you a heads up, this is not one of those makeups done by a professional so please be nice with your comments (if there are any.haha!) And for the record, this is my first time EVER to do my own 'heavy' makeup and my first time to wear contact lens (on my own). Hell it was hard!! I won't ever buy 'dolly eyes effect' contact lens again! LOL!



I actually have second thoughts on posting this but what the heck! Nothing's wrong with trying right? And I also don't want my time and effort to go to waste.(nax!effort talaga!) As you have all know, night time (10pm onward) is the only vacant time that I have now (school+work) and so it was really late when I did this look. I want to do this because I was inspired with what Ms. Donna said that she joined lots of makeup contests also before. I guess that's when she started to excel in beauty/makeup field. And I want to be like her. :) I want to know more about makeup. I want to explore more on what's out there. What better way to do that but to practice and join makeup contests right? I guess I just need more confidence and better materials (makeup+camera+lighting).


But again, as I said, I'm no professional plus I don't have all the "best" materials so for now, I'll work with what I have.Please bear with me. :D Alright, 'nuff with the chitchat. Let me show you what I've come up with.


The theme is about Red carpet look/Ms. Universe Look.(I did what I can guys.I swear!tehee..)



*I don't know yet how to properly explain the step by step process of doing makeup so I'll just let the photos do the talking.tehee..


Face shots:




*No edits were made in these photos except for the resizing & cropping that was done
*I forgot to take a before photo so here's a photo of me with simple makeup on (below).This was taken before I prep myself in doing this makeup contest look.hehe

*After a tiring day.

Here are the products that I've used under a 500 peso budget (each):




Face


ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer
Ever Bilena Studio Finish Stick Foundation
Smooth Clear B.B Cream (I don't know why I used this!lol)
Ever Bilena Advanced Perfect Eye Concealer
Nichido Multiple Stick (Sunset Glow)


Brows


Naked Minerals Brow Duo Pencil


Eyes


Dolly Soft Contact Lens (gray)
Fashion Look Eye Solution
ELF Brightening Eye Pot (from ELF Mauve set)
ELF Lashes & Lash Glue (from ELF Mauve set)

Nichido Lash Curler (forgot to include in the pic)
Nichido Gorgeous Eye Pencil (White-04 Nice Gal)


Lips


Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm
Nichido Lipstick (I forgot to include in the pic)


Brushes(no brand)


Foundation Brush
Blush Brush
Eye Blender
Eye shadow brush (from ELF Mauve set)



That's it guys! :) I forgot the exact prices of the items but I'm 100% sure that EACH of them are under Php500. :)


I sooo love that the theme is about a Red Carpet/Ms. Universe look but under a makeup budget. It gives us girls to play with "cheaper" products/local brands. I guess many should encourage us Pinays to appreciate local products because not all of us can afford high end cosmetics. Sometimes it's hard to immitate the makeup looks that bloggers/youtube gurus make because they're using "pricey" makeups. I myself, worries about that because I don't have the moolah to spend. I pay my own tuition+house bills and buying "expensive cosmetics" is the last thing I would do. And if there's a certain product that I REALLY like, I have to save up for it.  Yep, that's how it works sometimes. Life is, as we all know...hard.Not "unfair" but yes hard. Not to mention it's complicated.hehe..But I'm glad some are now also having makeup tutorials in a budget friendly price. ;)


With all that being said, THANK YOU MS. DONNA!  :) Win or loose, I'm glad I found another blog that's worth following. Happy blogversary again My Lucid Intervals! yey! *throwing confetti*


Want to join Ms. Donna's makeup contest and anniversary giveaway? Then check out the links below.




*Apology for a rather long post.I'm feelin' senti today.Blame the rainy weather.
*That feeling when you write by your window and the raindrops are falling outside.hee










Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!


10 comments:

  1. You look great! And I think it's better to work with low end products as they do tend to be a little harder to work with and it whips you into shape (so to speak) and builds your skill. And for the most part there's not a HUGE difference between the quality of a lot of low end and high end products if you know what to look for.
    I wish you success in your contest!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw! :') thank you so much Danielle! :) this compliment coming from you means a lot!..you're really good at makeup and i'm flattered right now that you appreciated my effort.hehe..and yes, I agree there's not much of a difference between the low end and high end products..there are low end products that are even better than high end.that's why i will never stop finding those products and blog about it.tehee..i'm glad you're back in blogging.you've been away for awhile :) take care!

      Delete
  2. i joined this one too =) and im gonna post it soon =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!good luck sis! ;) will def check out your look..i'm sure it will be gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  3. Aah those doll eye lenses kinda creep me out, haha! Love the make-up, especially on your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right?and it was really hard to put them..seems smaller but it's actually big..not to mention it was my first time putting contact lens on my own..big mistake that i bought this one.so stupid!should have bought the normal lens.haha!..anyways, thanks for visiting my blog!..and awww! :') thanks for the compliments pretty! :)

      Delete
  4. hi dear =) i already published it! =) hihi http://rhaichael.blogspot.com/2013/06/my-entry-for-my-lucid-intervals.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yey!i'll check it sis ;) goodluck saten lahat! :D

      Delete
  5. goodluck satin sis... i used almost from elf din hihi..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ai? :( ba't parang na'delete comment ko? :( anyway, :D thanks for visiting my humble blog sis! :D goodluck saten tlaga!hehe..pero parang talo na talaga tayo ky ms. bing, ang galing nya kase..

      -affordable yung elf pero ganda ng quality..the ones i used here are items from ms. celline actually..i won kasi as COM on her blog. :)

      Delete

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj