Thursday, June 13, 2013

Used Abused & Reviewed: ISkin New York Daily Sunshield SPF25



Summer here in Philippines is over. But that doesn't mean I won't be sharing with you the top 3 sunscreens that I've been loving during the hot season. Yes 3 products because I just don't settle with 1. ;) I won't be ranking them from top 1 to top 3 though because I love all of them fairly. tehee..You'll be the judge of that because I will be rating each product fo' sure!


And today, I will share with you one of the three that I've been using in the last weeks of the summer. Let me introduce to you the-  ISkin New York Daily Sunshield SPF25!




I got this sunscreen from BDJ's Limited Edition Elite Box that I won during their Mother's Day flash promo. You can check out my unboxing post HERE.


Let's get to know this product, shall we?



BDJ's description:


Be fresh and flawless!


"ISkin New York is a U.S.-based skincare laboratory whose premium products cater mainly to the lifestyle needs of Asian men and women. Using advanced micronized zinc oxide formulation to increase the skin's tolerance to environmental factors, ISkin New York's Daily Sunshield SPF 25 prevents sun damage by forming a thin barrier that prevents UVB and UVA rays from penetrating our skin.


This greatly reduces the possibility of skin conditions like melasma, premature aging and cancers from occuring. Specially formulated for Asian skin, its light and easy-to-absorb formulation nakes it ideal for daily use."


At first glance, I knew that this sunscreen is going to be good because a lot of products that I've been using lately are not really fancy when it comes to packaging but the products are of good quality. I guess more and more brands now tend to spend more on the content itself than of the packaging. Which is a good thing by the way. Yes I love cutesy boxes and bottles but as I discover new products, I learned that the content is still important over cute packaging. Agree? :)


The packaging:






The content is housed in a slim plastic tube. Nothing fancy. Just a plain white packaging with simple black text embedded in front and in the back. I love that I can just throw it in my bag without worrying that it will occupy much space. The packaging is very sturdy even if you throw it on the wall, it won't break. But I don't see a reason why you should do that. ;D 




This is how the cap and the dispenser looks like. The overall packaging is really sturdy. The top/cap comes off easy and snaps back on tight. The dispenser has a dropper-like shape which dispenses small amount of sunscreen at a time and I like it that way because I hate applying too much product on my face just because I accidentally squeezed out too much and it may be a waste not to apply it.tehee..I hope you get me. ;D


At the back, top part, you can see the manufacturing number and expiration date.



Other info you can find in the back part.


Sunscreen properties:



Ingredients:



Swatch:



This is how thin the product would look like after one squeeze. Consistency wise - the sunscreen is creamy (light consistency) and not like your average sunscreen which is heavy considering that we have hot weather, the heavy sunscreen will lead to stickiness,greasiness and yes, itchiness! I hate that uncomfortable feeling!



This sunscreen comes in a tinted shade which blends easily on my skin. It does give you flawless - glowing look and it doesn't feel like you're wearing sunscreen at all. It's really light. That's why I love this sunscreen. It feels light but you know you're protected from the unforgiving heat of the sun. Of course, this is based on my experience. :)


My VERDICT


Pros:


Light consistency
Has no strong smell
Blends on skin with tinted shade (which takes out the white cast effect)
Not sticky nor greasy
Has SPF25
Non-irritating and doesn't break me out
Gives me flawless - glowing skin
A little goes a long way
Easy to apply and goes on smoothly
You can easily carry around with slim packaging


Cons:


Can make your skin oily in few hours of usage so you must set it with powder
A bit pricey for a 57g tube.


How much?


Php2,900 for a 57g tube.


Do I recommend it?


YES.If the price is alright with you, why not? :D


Repurchase?


Unfortunately,NO. As much as I like the product, I don't think I would ever spend that much for a sunscreen. I have two other sunscreens that I love which is more affordable than this. :)


Where to buy?


I heard that Flawless is the authorized retailer of ISkin New York here in PH. Will list down their links below.


Final thoughts:


I like this product and it's one of my fave sunscreen over the past summer. But I don't see myself repurchasing it.  Watch out for my next reviews on my 2 other favorite sunscreens. They're affordable compared to this one and are great sunscreens as well!


I'd give it a:


Packaging: 5/5
Consistency: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Product: 4/5


Linkies:




Thanks for reading everyone! More product reviews coming! ;)





Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj