Thursday, July 4, 2013

Used Abused & Reviewed: L'oreal UV PERFECT Longlasting UV Protector




Hey guys! :) It's been awhile since my last product review. For this post, I'm going to share one of my fave sunscreens last summer. It's the  L'oreal UV PERFECT Longlasting UV Protector. (Man, why do these things have long names?) :D I'm still using this sunscreen  actually. You know how unpredictable the weather is here in Philippines It's still freaking hot! Seems like summer is not yet over. But some days, it could be a little rainy, a little cold which is very relaxing especially when you're at home. But when you're outside, oh boy it's not your lucky day! ;D


 If you've missed my first fave sunscreen review, you can read it HERE


I got this sunscreen from my March BDJ Box. The box featured L'oreal products and luckily I got this baby for the first time! Let's get to know this product, shall we?


BDJ's description:

A New Era of UV Protection!

Photo credits: Google


This UV Perfect 12H longlasting sunscreen is tailor made for Asian women whose skin is always exposed to UV rays and other atmospheric pollution.  Shield your skin with a longlasting UV protector that has antioxidants to help fight against brown spots, skin darkening and aging!

I got Perfect Even Complexion. 3 other shades are: UV Perfect Anti-Dullness, UV Perfect Matte and UV Perfect Moisture Fresh.


I have always been a fan of L'oreal because they have good quality products with reasonable prices. So you can imagine my joy when I received a box full of L'oreal products. ahh! It feels like a reward to myself! I thank BDJ for that. ;)


*Warning: This is a pic heavy post. You can skip to my "verdict"(at the end part) if you want to.


Alright, below are the pics and swatches of the product. :) 


 Product packaging:



The product comes in a very slim tube that's easy to carry around. The whole tube is in white color with a little shimmer in closer look and the texts are in black,blue and gold colors. The cap comes off easily and snaps back in tight.


Its nozzle is new to me but it is smartly designed as it prevents content spilling and it dispenses right amount of product. The overall packaging is very sturdy and travel-friendly.



UV Protection properties:




Manufacturing date

At the back of the tube, bottom part, you can find the manufacturing date. I didn't see any expiration date but base on its MD (year 2012), the product is still new and will last a long time.


Usage:


Ingredients:


Swatch:


This is the amount of  the sunscreen in one squeeze. This sunscreen comes in tinted shade which blends easily on skin and doesn't give you that white cast effect on flash photography. But then again, who uses flash photography in the middle of the day?


I'm telling you guys, a little goes a long way.


And voila! A healthy glowing skin! Feels like you haven't applied any sunscreen at all. It feels really light on face but you know that you're protected from the sun with its SPF50,UVB,UVA and PA+++ properties. It's not greasy nor itchy and the consistency is light & creamy. ^_^


My VERDICT:


Pros

Has SPF 50 UVB,UVA & PA+++
Comes in tinted shade which can be used as makeup base
Light and creamy consistency
Not greasy nor itchy
Non-irritating and doesn't break me out
A little goes a long  way
Easy to apply and glides on smoothly
Has no bad smell
Gives you a healthy glowing skin
Easy to carry around with very slim packaging
Affordable price


Cons

The glowing/dewy effect can make your skin look oily so you must set it with powder

How much?

30ml - Php545

Do I recommend it?

I absolutely recommend this! I love this so much that I've been using and abusing this since summer!

Repurchase?

Yes yes yes! As mentioned above, a little goes a long way which is very convenient as I can enjoy this 30ml product for a long time. :)

Where to buy?

This sunscreen is already available in your local drugstore and supermarkets nationwide. If this is not available in your area, you can ask L'oreal team on their Facebook page or official website. I will provide the links below.

Final thoughts:

I super love this sunscreen! I'm definitely seeing myself repurchasing this. I even recommended it to my friends. My mom loves this so far. :D

I'd give it a:

Packaging: 5/5
Consistency: 5/5
Price point: 5/5
Product: 4.98/5- because there's no such thing as perfect product!LOL




Thank you for reading guys! More product reviews coming!

*This review is based on my experience.We all have different skin types and needs.What works for me, may not work for you and vice versa. ;)




Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!


9 comments:

  1. I have very dry skin but this made me really oily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw :( sorry to hear it didn't work on you sis..hiyangan lang talaga noh?tsk2.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cj! Nice review.. I'm looking for this one and I'm glad to saw your post bout this product :) Thank you sis..

    You may visit my blog too and perhaps we can follow each other? Thanks..

    http://kissandglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no biggies sissy!i hope this works well on you. ;) will def check out your blog and follow you.thanks for visiting my humble blog :) take care!

      Delete
  3. yup cj your right about our weather. its as moody as a woman :) loreal actually is one brand that doesn't work for me. ive tried their shampoos and moisturizers. im really sad about this bec i was hoping to have a good and lasting relationship with loreal products since i heard its a sister company of lancome and i love lancome so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yah, their shampoo (especially the new one from hair fall line) doesn't work on me also.even their conditioner doesn't do anything!i've got to review about that by the way.why am i so forgetful?lol..guess there are no such thing as perfect 'brand'..they excel in something and they suck at one thing (or more!)..haha!

      -they're sister company of lancome?didn't know that actually..kaya pala bonggacious adverts nila kahit drugstore brand lang.mayaman pala sila.hehe..

      Delete
  4. From the spout I thought sya yung kagaya ng mga watery Sunblock. If you want to switch a bit, I suggest divinia. Parang watsons exclusive sya. Ganyan din yung spout pero very watery and non-greasy

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw :(vtoo bad we don't have watsons here :( do you know any online seller sis?would be nice to try it out ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blog!
    observation for observation and fondness in bloglovin?
    For each comment to repay

    photo-andyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj