Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub


I love body scrubs! I really love to exfoliate and feel the softness & suppleness of my skin afterwards. Since I've written a bit about skin exfoliation [found here], might as well do reviews on the two body scrubs that I love. This is the first one. My second fave body scrub will be on a separate blog post.


What I love about exfoliating is that it gives you smooth skin and it makes you feel squeaky clean (wow that rhymes!). One must do skin exfoliation at least once a week. That is, if you're body scrub is too rough on your skin. But with this body scrub that I'm going to review, you can actually use it every other day! Yep. Introducing Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening body scrub.



I always make sure that exfoliation isn't forgotten in my beauty regimen. Luckily, there are many body scrub products available today. Most of them are cheap and quite effective. And Asian secrets body scrub is one of them. There are three(3) variants of this body scrub but so far, the green one is the only one I've tried.

I got this photo from Asian Secrets facebook page.
Variants:
1.) Green Tea and Vitamin E
2.) Licorice and Mulberry
3.) Seaweed and Vitamin E
2.) Licorice and Mulberry
3.) Seaweed and Vitamin E


They also have soaps but I have never tried it.
Asian Secrets Bengkoang body soap variants:
1.) Olive Oil
2.) Betel Nut



Asian Secrets went on a hype on 2011 and 2012. 'Twas endorsed by Solen Heusaff. I've been using this since its first appearance on TV(this blog wasn't born yet).hehe..Well you know how TV commercials influence Filipinas/Pinays especially with whitening beauty products. ;D

The PRODUCT:




Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening body scrub
Net content: 250g costs PhP130Smaller size: 135 costs PhP80

You can buy it in any local supermarket, Mercury drugstores and Watsons.I bought mine from my fave store, Watsons! :)


Here's the complete and official product description from UNILAB website:


Ingredients: Tocopheryl acetate, Mineral Oil, Camellia Sinensis extract, Olive Oil, Glycerin, Squaline, Dimethicone, Titanium dioxide


Dermatologist-tested Hypoallergenic
  

Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub is a beauty treatment inspired by a most luxurious Indonesian ritual called Lulur. The ritual was originally intended for the bride-to-be in order to beautify, smoothen, and whiten her skin before her wedding day. Lulur originated from the royal palaces of Java, Indonesia and products inspired by this traditional treatment are still used by Indonesian women today.  


The benefits of Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub:
  • It gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells to soften the skin and give it a radiant glow.  
  • Frequent usage reduces skin pigmentation and evens out skin tone by getting rid of dark patches especially in areas prone to darkening such as the elbows, knees, armpits and the area between the thighs.
  • It contains Vitamin E and Green Tea extract, powerful antioxidants that protect your skin from free radicals to keep it healthy and young-looking.It also contains Squalene and Olive Oil that help maintain moisture in your skin.


Directions: Scrub all over on your skin especially the dark areas while it is dry to remove impurities, dead skin and dirt. Rinse with water.

I'm almost finish with my recent tub.Gotta buy one before I ran out!

Inside the tub:


The scrub has a thick cream-like consistency with tiny beads for exfoliation. And the smell!Oh I so love the smell! You can smell the Green tea and some sweet-like scent. It's like you want it to be the smell of your cologne.It's refreshing!


The scrub doesn't come with a spatula so you have to improvise to avoid any contamination. As for me, I use the spatula from my waxing kit.hehe



Scrubbing effect: What's nice about Asian Secrets is that they have small tub which is a big advantage to consumers who wants to try the product first. And for 80 pesos? Who doesn't want to take risk right? I would surely buy it! The first time I see the scrub, I was skeptical if it could really exfoliate as it has more of a creamy like texture. But then when I lather it, I can feel the beads. It does exfoliates! But then the cream makes sure that the beads aren't harsh on your skin. It's like, you could replace your soap with this scrub. It exfoliates but then it's not too abrasive plus it smells good!

As for the whitening effect: I can't really notice the whitening effect on my skin. My friends noticed some difference on my skin complexion when I started to try a new soap so I couldn't really say it's from the whitening effect of Asian Secrets body scrub.



My VERDICT:


PROS:
1.) It's affordable for a such a good body scrub. It does its job well.2.) It's easy to find. Available at supermarkets and drugstores. No need to purchase online(except if you're an international consumer).3.) It smells good. The scent is refreshing!4.) It exfoliates your skin real nice but doesn't irritate it. It doesn't give you that redness effect after scrubbing. The beads are gentle and skin-friendly.5.) It really gives you that squeaky-clean feeling after each use. You can feel the softness and suppleness of your skin.

CONS:
1.) As I said, if you're after the whitening effect, this is a no-no.


I would surely recommend this body scrub. It's a must buy!
Hope this reviews helps! Will do another review for my second fave body scrub.




Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!


4 comments:

  1. My Dear

    thanks for this excellent review of the Lulur Scrub , can you please advise if it’s made in Philippines or Indonesia
    and where to buy it
    Regards

    Ahmad

    maram_kuwait@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi walhaan! :) thanks for visiting my blog! :)

      -it's made in the philippines dear, it's just that the ingredients are inspired by the javanese (indonesia) ritual..you can find this on all leading supermarkets/local drugstore here in philippines :) or you can search if there's an online seller who sells it to international buyers. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi po tanong ko lang po kung ung body scrub gagamitin pagka tapos maligo o bago maligo?.... Pareply po?. Tnx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gagamitin cya bago maligu dear.. :) thanks for visiting my blog ;)

      Delete

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj