Monday, August 26, 2013

Used Abused & Reviewed: Moringa O2 Malunggay Herbal Soap


Hello there "PL Pretties"! :) Here's another product review for this week! :D 

I've always been a fan of anything organic. Be it in cosmetics,skincare or food! :) One of nature's gift that I really believe in, is the ever famous Moringa or Malunggay. So when I saw a complete line of Moringa O2's products available for sampling at Sample Room, I immediately head on, grabbed the samples and went directly to checkout. Unfortunately, I was not able to acquire their toner but I'm actually alright with it because at that time, CURE was restocked and I was one of the lucky few to have grabbed a sample. It was a beauty steal! Plus, I can buy the toner anytime now that I'm a also believer of this brand. BTdubs (by the way), I have reviewed Moringa 02's Herbal Moisturizing Lotion  and you can read it HERE. You can also read Sample Room Loot #4 for further details- click HERE.

Alright, on to the review!


Moringa-O2 Malunggay Herbal Soap
60g/Php49.75
Bought from: SampleRoom for only 20 points (w/ Php130 shipping fee along with other samples)

A bit of info from SampleRoom:

Moringa-O2 combines powerful multi-vitamins, antioxidants and minerals from Malunggay, Olive Oil and Omega to deeply nourish and moisturize dry and sensitive skin.


Moringa-O2 is best recommended for those with the following skin conditions:

For dry and sensitive skin
For itchy skin
Aging skin
Skin asthma and Keratosis Pilaris

KEY BENEFITS:

Helps slow down signs of aging
Stimulates cell regeneration and skin renewal
Improves skin elasticity and suppleness
Anti-bacterial and anti-acne
Skin lightening

*I forgot to take a photo of the ingredients. If you have some concerns, you can ask directly the Moringa O2 team on Facebook. (links found at the end of this post)

I was pretty psyched when I saw this soap for realsies because of four reasons. 1 - It has the key benefits of Moringa which I loovee! I think formulating Moringa into a soap is genius! (yep I'm trying to exaggerate here.Pardon me!). 2 - It has whitening properties (let's face it, pinays love to have a fair skin!). 3 - It is locally available so I could actually buy it anytime IF it turns out to be a great soap for me. and lastly (4) - It is darn cheap for the skin benefits that it promises to give. 

So does it live up to its claims? Let's find out! ;)


When I opened the packaging (box), the refreshing scent greeted me. It has the same scent with Moringa O2's Herbal Moisturizing Lotion - the mixture of green tea and citrus-y scent. I sooo LOVE it! It smells even more aromatic when I use it (or when you also apply Moringa O2 herbal lotion after bath). It suds up quickly which is great if you're on a hurry but it doesn't dry out your skin like most soaps do. It does relieve itchiness and my skin feels supple and softer after every bath. Unlike other herbal soaps, Moringa O2 Malunggay Herbal soap doesn't melt quickly. I think the downside with most herbal soap is that they quickly melt which makes us 'not' want to buy 'em even though it's effective. But not with this one. That's a plus plus points! :)

Okay don't think I'm over-praising this soap because it has downsides too.tehee..(not concerning though!) I didn't really see any difference on my skin given that it promises to "lighten skin". Moringa O2 is actually from the makers of the popular Gluta-C line. I have tried the soap and lotion of Gluta-C but didn't whiten my skin either. I guess the formulation is just not for my skin type. (Hiyangan lang talaga..) Or maybe it needs more time before you can see the difference. Another thing is, I wish the scent could have lingered on my skin longer. :( Nevertheless, I still love this soap! It's moisturizing, so cheap and you'll always feel squeaky clean! 


If in doubt, always check the Manufacturing date to make sure that the product you get is newly made and safe. I love that they printed the numbers clearly. ;)




The soap is slim to handle. So comfy to lather on even when you're dancing on the shower.LOL


My VERDICT:


Pros


Has many skin benefits
Cleansing properties is superb!
Lathers up quickly
Relieves itchiness
You'll feel a more healthy skin after every bath
Doesn't melt quickly like most herbal soaps do

Cons


It has nice scent but doesn't linger for long
Whitening effect may take time
Moisturizing effect may not be enough to those who have very dry skin

How much?


I got this for FREE at Sample Room (link below) but you could buy this in an affordable price of:
Php49.75 - 60g
Php89.75 - 135g

Do I recommend it?


I definitely recommend this to you! But if you have like "super" dry skin and you need some extra moisturizing, this soap might not be enough. 

Repurchase?


YES!

Where to buy?


Check Moringa O2's Facebook page for specific locations. (link below)

Final thoughts:


I love this soap! I use two soaps on a daily basis (a whitening soap and one that I feel like using to aid a specific problem like an Antibacterial soap,anti-aging or for acne etc.) and I usually change every now and then. But this time, I think I'm going to keep using this. ;) Thanks SR for this! :D

I'd give it a:



Linkies:



Have you tried this soap? Let me hear your thoughts! :)





Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj