Monday, August 26, 2013

Used Abused & Reviewed: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick (Fashionista)



Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick 
Shade: 080 Fashionista
Php575 - 2.55g
Bought from: BDJ PH for FREE! (given as a contest prize)

All-day color, all day comfort!


"This one-step, ultra comfortable lipstick lasts up to 16 hours, giving lips a velvety, suede look that looks AND feels good! You get both moisture and wear from its soft, velvety formula of moiturizing shea butter and aloe. Hours of fool-proof wear with even application for full, creamy color coverage in 20 on-trend shades." - from BDJ Elite box curation card


I got this baby from my BDJ Elite Box which BDJ gave me as a prize. (you can check out all the deets HERE). 


Alright, to be honest, I have a love-hate relationship with this lipstick. As mentioned on my BDJ Elite box unboxing post, giving this lipstick to my mom is the plan because I'm not into dark red shades. "Why" you may ask?Because... well, it's not school/everyday look-friendly. You can tell at first glance. But now that I'm into trying out and collecting lipsticks, I want and I must, at some point- try this one. And voila! The shade is actually gorgeous! I love how it compliments my skin color. The texture is creamy with added benefits of Shea Butter and Aloe. The packaging is very sleek and travel friendly (for me, this is one of the best thing about this product!tehee). I love how the mechanism of this lipstick clicks whenever I twist it and you could twist the product all the way down, that way you can avoid scraping off some of the content with the plastic cap - major problem with most lipsticks!Trust me.Been there,done that!

The application of this product is not a problem since it's creamy and it glides on smoothly on your lips. But if you're like me - not a pro when it comes to applying lipstick, you can always use a lip brush! ;) You could also use a lip liner if you want a different lip shape other than the normal shape that you have.

*Below are photos with this lipstick on. Pardon for the sloppy application, I actually did not use lip brush.lol


Isn't this shade sexy looking? ;D

The Ultimate Suede line comes with 20 shades!


The term "suede" can be a little confusing. At first I thought this lippie would give a satin finish than of matte because in closer look I can see a little sheen to it. But when you apply it, it actually gives you semi-matte finish as you can see in photos above.


I got the shade 080 Fashionista which is more of a bloody red color. Yep you could pull off a "sexy vampy" look with this one..do I make sense? :D


1,2,3 swipes

My VERDICT:


Pros


Gives you a sexy red lip color great for special events
Doesn't have overpowering scent
Doesn't dry out lips
The packaging is sleek and travel friendly
The content itself is safe from possible dents
The packaging is lightweight yet quiet sturdy
You can easily what shade you're having because of transparent cap

Cons


It only gives you sheer coverage but buildable
A bit pricey
It sets after 2-3 hours (weird right?) but not drying (reapplying or applying a lip gloss as top coat would be your best option)
Packaging is so sleek and lightweight
Staying power is so-so - a bit disappointing for me given that the line says "ColorStay"

How much?


Php575 for a 2.55g product

Do I recommend it?


If the cons doesn't bother you at all, then I definitely recommend this to you! ;)

Repurchase?


No.Although, I love the color, the price doesn't make me want to buy this.Just too pricey for me.Besides, I want to experiment on other lippies too.tehee..

Where to buy?


Available in leading drugstores and supermarkets nationwide.

Final thoughts:


I love the shade that I got but just not comfortable wearing it on a daily basis. Plus the price point isn't for me. Won't repurchase.

I'd give it a:


Linkies:




Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj