Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Used Abused & Reviewed: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Copperglow Berry


Hey PL pretties! Here's another Revlon lipstick review. You can read my other lipstick review from Revlon by clicking HERE. ;) This product is indeed a "used & abused" one since I've had this for a long time now.tehee..Keep reading to know if this is another must-have lippie! ^___^

 photo Revlon01.png

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
Shade: Copperglow Berry
$19.99 (Php800+) - 4.2g
Bought from: Amazon (it was on sale at that time)

Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipstick is as essential as the little black dress. With 72 fabulous, fashionable shades, Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipstick offers the widest range of colors, so you are sure to find one that looks gorgeous on you! Packed with mega-moisturizers and vitamins C and E for soft, smooth, sexy lips. Your lips stay kissably conditioned for lasting smoothness while the color stays rich and true!

Made in USA.Super LustrousLipstick features exclusive LiquiSilk technology to pamper lips With silk-drenched mega-moisturizers and vitamins. For Rich, smooth color, Soft-Shine and irresistible lips. No wonder it's America's #1 Lipstick.* So why not try all 72 gorgeous shades?Revlon Super LustrousTM Lipstick is as essential as the little black dress. With 72 fabulous, fashionable shades, Revlon Super LustrousTM Lipstick offers the widest range of colors, so you are sure to find one that looks gorgeous on you! Packed with mega-moisturizers and vitamins C and E for soft, smooth, sexy lips. Your lips stay kissably conditioned for lasting smoothness while the color stays rich and true. -from Amazon


 photo Revlon02.png

First, let's talk about packaging. The packaging of Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick line is a classic black plastic tube with a hint of gold in the middle where cap and body meets. When you open it up, the gold part is actually what in-houses the bullet. Brand name - Revlon is printed on the middle part. The tube is easy to open and the cap snaps back in tightly. But what I love most of the packaging is that the top part of the cap is transparent/see-through (you'll see it in the picture below).This way, you can immediately see the shade that you're getting even before you checkout the shade name on the bottom part. On the cap also, you can see basic information like the weight of the product and info about the brand. Sadly, this one has no ingredients printed on it so I took the liberty of finding the list of ingredients for you to check out. :)

 photo DSC06434.jpgIngredients: Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Synthetic Wax, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Ingredients Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985) (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 15850), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)-from Amazon

 photo Revlon03.png

Now, let's talk about the shade/color. The one that I have here is the Copperglow Berry. This shade is more of a plum color with coppery shimmers. At first when I saw it, I thought the color was for oldies.LOL!And I even thought that this is not what I ordered in Amazon. I double checked the shade and yes it was the shade that I ordered. In the Amazon photos, this is "better-looking". Nevertheless, I have it already. So I tried to use it and figured, this could work out on parties. It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Well this is not really a bad shade at all but for me, this color can be a little bit hard to pull off. Or maybe I just need more practice.tehee! ;D


 photo DSC06363.jpg

This lippie has creamy texture and it glides on smoothly on my lips. Pigmentation wise, it's not as opaque as I thought it would be because I tried to swatch this in my hand and it seems opaque enough but when I applied it on my lips, it only gives you sheer-pearl coverage. Or maybe it's because of the creamy texture that it's hard to get an opaque coverage especially when you have lipbalm on. Anyway, the color payoff is still okay. One concern that really bothers me though is the scent. I don't know if it's the same with anyone who have tried this but in my opinion, the scent is too strong and lingers on my lips for a little while. It's the usual lipstick scent but it is "strong". Or maybe it's just me.

Swatches:


  photo Revlon05.png

1,2,3 swipes

More photos:


 photo Revlon04.png


My VERDICT:


Pros


Doesn't dry out your lips (but not as moisturizing either)
Buildable
The packaging is sturdy and travel friendly
Shade of the lipstick can be seen with the see-through cap
The lipstick itself is creamy and glides on smoothly on lips
The shade can be great in special events/party makeup

Cons


Doesn't last long
Pricey
Only gives sheer coverage
Scent is too strong
Shade/color is not for everyday use

How much?


$19.99 - 4.2g

Do I recommend it?


If the cons doesn't bother you at all, then I definitely recommend this to you! ;)

Repurchase?


No.As I've said above, the shade isn't for everyday makeup so I won't be needing this as much. ;)

Where to buy?


You can find it in Amazon and other online stores.

Final thoughts:


I enjoyed trying this lippie but its good days are over.lol.I will have to give this lipstick a rest. I don't go to parties that much so basically, this lipstick for me is useless. I only ordered it when Amazon had this on sale and in picture, it seems tempting enough. But I must say, the shade isn't that bad  (it's a matter of personal preference) and the lipstick itself is creamy. This is pricey though. Can't argue with that. But having this in a low price is def a beauty steal!Love seeing this lipstick on my collection! ^____^

I'd give it a:



 photo RevlonCopperberryGlow.png


Have you tried this lippie? Let me hear your thoughts by commenting below! ^____^



 photo blogsignature.png
Filipina Blogger/Beauty Enthusiast
Makeup,Nail Polish & Sheet Mask Hoarder
Proud Pinay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! I love reading what you have to say so please feel free to leave a comment. ;) Thanks for visiting everyone!Take care! :)

~Cj